Thursday, April 16, 2009

Wisdom Teeth!!!?

I got my wisdom teeth taken out on Friday, now it%26#039;s Tuesday. They were all fully erupted, but on the bottom ones, they just had to cut a little. I had little to no pain for the first couple days, and only minimal swelling. I did bleed for a good 12 hours or so. My bottom two teeth hurt a little this morning, and I noticed white in the back on my mouth where the blood clot should be. (Once Friday, when I took out gauze, there was a clump of blood) I was just wondering if this could be a dry socket or is it just normal healing??

Wisdom Teeth!!!?
i believe if it was dry socket u would be in pain quite a bit. Just continue doing what ur doing but doooooo nooooot rinse ur mouth out in anyway shape or form. I had my wisdom teeth out and had no prob...my older sis had her teeth taken out and she had dry sockets and was in pain for 2 weeks %26gt;_%26lt;
Reply:Chances are, you don%26#039;t have a dry-socket. You%26#039;ll be in enormous amount of pain if you do. Dry-socket is a condition when the clot over a wound is dislodged, and when it happens, it%26#039;s normally within 24-48 hours of extraction(s), and it is extremely painful. Dry socket is normally caused by trauma, smoking, use of straws (creating negative pressure in your mouth), etc.





What you have could very well be minor irritation/infection to the tissue around it. What you can do to take care of it is to rinse with warm salt water frequently. Also, when you brush your teeth, be careful with tooth paste on the extraction sites due to the fact that whitening toothpaste could have lots of abbrasives within it. Last but not least, see your dentist for a follow up appointment, so he can more justly Dx your condition or, put you one antibiotics, if you are not on already. Hope you feel better soon:)!



interest rate

No comments:

Post a Comment